Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistMiddletown, NY
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist.
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere. Children will feel more comfortable in the waiting room and be at ease with Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri chairside manner.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together, parents and Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Middletown
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
A kid friendly dentist in Middletown is a great resource for new parents who want to learn about how to properly care for baby teeth. With so much information out there, it can be helpful to have a dentist who works specifically with children address the needs of this important stage in a baby's dental…
The services for a dentist for kids are likely to be different from a general dentist who mainly treats adults. The fact is kids often have unique oral care needs, and it is typically a good idea to take your child to a dentist for kids, who meets their exact needs and keeps them calm…
A dentist for kids can help make any regular checkup appointment much better. Many parents take their children to a family dentist or even a general one, which is more than fine. But a dentist for kids may make the experience more enjoyable, which can do much for a child who fears going to the…
Parents focused on getting the best care for their child with the least stress would do well to seek a qualified pediatric dentist. The first visit to the dentist is a milestone in your child’s life, but it can be a scary and anxious experience. Consider these benefits that a dentist trained in working with…