Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistMiddletown, NY
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist.
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere. Children will feel more comfortable in the waiting room and be at ease with Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman chairside manner.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together, parents and Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Middletown
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
Bringing your child to a dentist for children is a good first step in teaching them proper oral care. This is the right opportunity to bring up some topics about your child’s dental health. Understanding what to do as a parent can help your child recognize the importance of proper oral care. If you want…
Parents can take their child to their preferred dentist, but it is generally better to find a kids dental specialist. Pediatric dentists are more qualified to handle the common problems of children’s oral health and manage a distraught or rambunctious child during dental appointments. These dental professionals cater to children from infants to teenagers.A dental…
Many people tend to think of a child’s oral health as a walk in the park, but there are many misconceptions out there about the role of a kid-friendly dentist in Middletown. Unluckily, these misconceptions can cause problems with the oral health of a child. It is crucial to dispel these myths so that parents…
Choosing a kid friendly dentist is critical for your child’s dental health. The right dentist understands a young patient’s needs and their development. As a parent, you need to be aware of those big moments in a child’s oral wellness. This will help you keep on top of good oral hygiene at every stage of…