Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistMiddletown, NY
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist.
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere. Children will feel more comfortable in the waiting room and be at ease with Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri chairside manner.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together, parents and Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Middletown
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
It can be helpful to consult with a pediatric dentist in Middletown about your child’s oral care. They can provide answers to common questions, such as whether or not thumb sucking is bad for kids’ teeth.By understanding useful pieces of information about your child’s oral care, you can ensure their teeth are properly protected.One of…
It is quite common for parents to find themselves wondering when to take their child to a pediatric dentist. These are dentists with additional training on dealing with children and their oral issues. The answer to that question is simple. A child is due for a visit to the dentist when their first tooth emerges.…
The quick answer from a pediatric dentist: Do not pull your baby’s loose teeth. It is hard for children to chew if they have a loose tooth, so you may be tempted to assist with removing the teeth. The fact is that you should allow the tooth to come out on its own. Even if…
Visiting a pediatric dentist is a great way to ensure your child receives the dental care they need.Children tend to be more vulnerable to tooth decay than adults, which is why it is important to ensure that proper dental care is given by visiting a pediatric dentist regularly.There are various reasons to have your child…