Helpful Dental InformationMiddletown, NY
At Hudson Valley Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Middletown, NY patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (845) 363-4177.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman and Dr. Isha Suri, can provide your child with a variety of solutions that include a dental bridge and much more. All three methods allow for your child to eat and speak clearly, while also restoring your child’s smile. However, each procedure has distinct advantages that the other may not provide. To find out which procedure would work best for your child, call 845-363-4177.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Hudson Valley Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Middletown office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Hudson Valley Pediatric Dentistry, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Middletown
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
The quick answer from a pediatric dentist: Do not pull your baby’s loose teeth. It is hard for children to chew if they have a loose tooth, so you may be tempted to assist with removing the teeth. The fact is that you should allow the tooth to come out on its own. Even if…
If you are a new parent, a pediatric dental appointment may be a foreign concept. You may not know what to expect from this visit, but you can learn what will happen. The more you understand, the more effectively you can get your child ready to see the dentist for the first time. This does…
Has it been a while since your child took advantage of a kid's dental cleaning? Regular brushing at home is important, but it is not enough to keep teeth and gums healthy and strong. From an early age, children need to start developing good habits of going to the dentist. At a wellness checkup, the…
If you think pediatric dentistry does not play an important role in your child’s health, you should consider what these dentists do. From the time your child first gets a tooth, a pediatric dentist can start to provide treatment, monitor developing conditions and help keep teeth healthy and strong. Once permanent teeth come in, dental…