Helpful Dental InformationMiddletown, NY
At Hudson Valley Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Middletown, NY patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (845) 363-4177.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dr. Geri-Lynn Waldman, can provide your child with a variety of solutions that include a dental bridge and much more. All three methods allow for your child to eat and speak clearly, while also restoring your child’s smile. However, each procedure has distinct advantages that the other may not provide. To find out which procedure would work best for your child, call 845-363-4177.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Hudson Valley Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Middletown office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Hudson Valley Pediatric Dentistry, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Middletown
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
While baby teeth are temporary, they are still essential and prone to caries. Baby bottle tooth decay, also known as early childhood caries, refers to tooth decay in newborns and toddlers. Children need healthy teeth to chew food, talk clearly, and smile. Their primary teeth also aid in the proper emergence of their adult teeth.…
Dentistry for children is critical for your son or daughter. From the time your child first starts getting teeth, you should make appointments. The dentist will help your child maintain healthy, strong teeth. This is also the right place to turn to address tooth pain and cosmetic issues.For most children, the first teeth emerge around…
If you are a new parent, or if you have not been to a kids dentist with your children before, you are starting an important experience. Dental care is critical for children, and it is vital for you as parents to commit to regular visits. Before your child starts wellness checkups and treatments, you should…
Visiting a pediatric dentist at an early age is a good start for children’s overall dental health. In addition to the biannual exams and cleanings, it is important that children practice good oral hygiene at home on a regular basis. However, getting kids to brush teeth twice a day can be challenging. Fortunately, there are…