Dear Valued Patients,
We are excited to see you’re smiling faces! We have reopened!
At Hudson Valley Pediatric Dentistry infection control has always been a top priority. That is true now more than ever. We want our staff, parents and patients to feel safe and at ease when they enter our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In fact, we’ve gone above and beyond the mandated infection control to promote the safest environment for ourselves and our families. We will continue to stay up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control policies are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. We are following strict protocols to reduce aerosols and to sanitize and disinfect our operatories, bathroom and waiting room after patients. Some of the additional infection control actions we’ve taken for your safety include:
- HEPA Filters thought out the office
- Additional Suctioning Devices to minimize aerosols
- Sneeze Guards at the front desk
- Disinfecting Fogging machine with All Natural Eco Friendly EPA approved disinfectant.
- Higher than required PPE- including N95 masks, face shields, scrub caps and gowns.
- Hand Sanitizer and tissues readily available
You and your child will notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. In order to best protect our staff and patients we’ve developed some new guidelines for your appointments:
- We ask that you call or text (via your confirmation text) the office once you are parked to determine if your treatment room is ready. Our office will contact you and ask some screening questions prior to you entering the building. Please remain in your car until we have completed the screening process and informed you that we’re ready for your child’s appointment.
- All parents and children (if able) must wear a mask upon arrival and entering the office. (mask will not be provided by our office)
- One of our TEAM member’s will greet you, a no contact temperature check, and any paperwork updates will be done before entering the office.
- We have hand sanitizer throughout for use when you enter the office.
- Please leave as much personal belonging in your car as you can.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, less children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- No contact temperature checks will be performed daily on our TEAM members and patients.
- We will only be allowing one parent in the operatory with their child during the appointment.
- If you are feeling ill or someone in your family is ill, we ask that you inform us to reschedule your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 845-458-8500, or visit our website at www.hvkidsmiles.com for more information.
Thank you for entrusting us with your children and allowing us to provide dental care for your families! We value your continued trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Geri and Team